Friday, November 18, 2005

Packing for vacation blows

Last night I started packing for my trip to Australia.

What to pack? It is going into the summer months so I should pack my summer clothes. But the forecast in wet (yes I go to Australia and it RAINS). My friend says it's still hot and only rains for an hour or so. So I pack my shorts and capri's. All my cute tops and some tank tops. Do I bring jeans? How about long sleeve shirts? Bob thinks I should bring my fleece. Fleece in Australia? I hate packing for vacation. I always overpack, then have no room for all my treasures to bring back home.

What about shoes? I've got three different sandal's. But should I bring regular shoes. I mean if it's going to rain I don't want my feet wet. And how much walking are we going to be doing? So I'll bring 3 sandal's and 1 regular shoe.

Swimsuits. How many swimsuits does a girl need for an 8 day vacation? I have 6 bikini's. What ones should I bring? How much time are we going to be spending at the beach? Is it worth bringing more then one? They all have different straps so my tanning wont be even. Hmm, maybe I'll just bring three then I can decide while I'm there which one to wear.

Yes packing for me is a three day process. I want my suitcase to look perfect! I want to maximize my space so everything has a home and is in proper order. I don't want to forget anything. It always seems when Bob and I go on vacation I forget something. When we went to Europe I didn't have enough warm clothes (it was really cold). When we went to Mexico I forgot my sunglasses. So this time I don't want to forget anything, but how to pack for a place you've never been to? I will continue to re organize my suitcase worrying about what to bring and what not to bring. And in the end I'm sure I'll forget something. But we will just make due and buy what I forgot in Australia!!!

I'M GOING TO AUSTRALIA IN THREE DAYS!!!!!

Yea I'm not excited or anything.

7 comments:

Just Me said...

i don't want to hear any complaining out of you missy...unless you're complaining that your suitcase is too heavy because i'm folded in half inside of it...then it's ok

LITTLE MISS said...

damn your avatar. i hope a tidal wave takes her out.

have fun in australia
((gritting my teeth))

LITTLE MISS said...

ha, right now you're sitting on an airlplane for twenty some-odd hours while i get to blog in my pj's.

jealous, aren't cha? Admit it!

Ritmeyer said...

Have fun, have fun!!

LoriLoo310 said...

I'm with ya. I always pack way too much because I never know what I need to bring, or what type of clothes I'll need to wear for a particular situation. Packing is stressful!

Leesa said...

Austrailia? That's in Europe, next to Germany, right?

Lucky woman!

hollibobolli said...

I'm so jealous - bring me back a teeny tiny baby koala bear and I'll be okay. I always wanted one of those when I was little!!!

At the very least get a cute pic!!