Monday, November 28, 2005

Snooooooze!

Since Jenn is down under and NOT taking the rest of us...well, I decided to hijack her site. ("I" being Little Miss) And seeing as how I'm bitter as HELL that she is in Australia for MY friend's wedding (forget the fact that she and Carlie have been close friends ever since I first introduced them back in 1997...she was my friend FIRST, and that's all that counts!) And now she's in the same country as my mom (forget the fact that she is on the OPPOSITE side of the country as my mom...she's still in Australia, and that's all that counts!) I'm bitter. To top it all off, she is having barbecues on the beach and enjoying ADULT conversation while I'm sitting here in my just-returned-from-thanksgiving-vacation-messy-house-outta-control-children-and no shower dirty pj's...

So, where should I begin? Let's see, there's the time we went to "Bear Lake" via Moab...(for those of you who DON'T know, Bear Lake is in northern Utah, while Moab is in southern Utah), but I'll let her tell that story! btw, what's your glycerin?

There's the time she had to get stitches because it SNOWED, but I'm not in the mood.

OOOOOOOOhhhh, here's one! Sneaking around the Grand America Hotel at 11 o'clock at night, one week before the Winter Olympics. But she's the one with the scanner, so that story too will have to wait.

Hmmm, adventures in driving:
Two words: Ford Taurus.
Three words: Piece of CRAP!

Adventures in Las Vegas for U2's opening show, total breakdown half way home, driving back strung out on caffeine pills, walkie talkies, and NO SLEEP?? Awe, good times. Good Times.

Okay, okay...(still pretending that Jenn is NOT in Australia)...we met at Weber State University almost 10 years ago. Holy Sh**! Did I just say 10 years?! Anyway, I don't know what I would have done without her that first year. From breakups to roommates to depression to "playing e-mail" for the first time (boy were we pissed when we discovered people could password protect their own accounts!) to Institute classes and over-protective, nosy teachers to hangin' out in our pj's and slippers (yes, we did it even back then) to late night study parties at 2 a.m. listening to Prodigy..."I am the fire starter!" to 10 years later...I love you, J (even if you ARE abandoning me for 10 days!)

*funny story: while in college, we used to sleep through our alarms. We'd either hit the snooze button fifty million times or simply sleep right through the damn buzzing. (needless to say, our roommates were NOT happy about this!) So we got in the habit of trading alarm clocks every few weeks. It was a great trick to play on our subconscious state of sleep-induced morning haze! btw, do you still have my purple alarm clock? hmmmm???!!

3 comments:

LITTLE MISS said...

K...this isn't funny any more!

Come Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Just Me said...

Oh this post made me laugh and it made me cry!!! I think I do have you purple alarm clock, I'm sure it's in my cedar chest and I'm not giving it back! But I'll send you mine if you want it... lol!

I totally remember all those things we had good times, and more to come!!!

Erika said...

welcome home just me!