Tuesday, August 28, 2007

30 more years

Last night the husband and I refinance our house.

I feel good about it.
It was the right time for it.
And I didn't cry once.

I'm a cryer when it comes to money issues. I cried when we were talking to loan officer about getting into our house, I cried when we talked to a salesman about our Jetta. But I didn't cry when taking to the refinance people. They made it so easy for us. I understood what they were talking about. I felt they cared enough to make us understand instead of throw numbers at us and tell us what we needed. With the debt that we consolidated, the $11,000 cash out that we needed and all the closing costs; we are saving over $500 a month. That totally rocks.

The $11,000 is to begin the invetro process. Before it was always something that we just talked about. But come Friday we'll actually have the money! It's really exciting and it's really scary! The husband still isn't 100% sure that we are going to do this. He's still hoping that the insemination works. But since this was suppose to be the month we tried insemination and I DIDN'T ovulate our chances aren't looking too good. Next month we'll try it with Chlomid and I really do hope it works. I'd much rather pay $500 for insemination then $20,000 for invetro. But with the doctors odds it's hard to feel hopeful.

The future is looking better for us and hopefully we'll have a kid (or two) in the next year.

6 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Congratulations! I'm really so happy for you. You're one step closer to accomplishing one of your life goals (which I read on a previous post). I have friends who have had success at insemination and invetro, so I know good things are in store for you. Good luck with this process!

hollibobolli said...

Prayers, prayers and more prayers!!! I know a lot of people who have had success while doing acupuncture at the same time (that's how my cousin finally got pregnant).

I would say it was definitely worth refinancing your house to make your dreams come true.

Try not to think about it too much (easier said than done). Just put it in God's hands. He will take care of you. I just know it.

Candice said...

I know you're meant to be a mom and it will happen for you - hopefully not for 20 grand, though!

Loralee Choate said...

I am so crossing every finger (And toe, their long enough!) For you!!!!

Erika said...

woot

Cupcake Blonde said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly.

I cry about money matters too. They just make me so frustarted because there never seems to be enough.