Monday, January 21, 2008

Ah... tis snowing again

I wish work had snow days. Today would have been an excellent day for a snow day or to observe Martin Luther King Day. But nope, I'm not that lucky. I still had to come to work. It took me an hour to get to work, not that I'm complaining, I'd rather make it to work then be like some poor people I passed spun out on the side of the road.

- I still laugh at 4 wheel drive vehicles that drive slower then the cars do.
- Downtown pedestrians. I know there are crosswalks in the middle of the road but when the roads are slick and there is 2 inches of snow on the roads I think you should let the cars have the right away. It's so hard to stop and I saw a few people just crossing the road without a care in the world, cars can't stop like they normally do in the snow!
- I think I should be paid for drive time during the snow. It's not my fault the roads SUCKED! And how was I to know that we'd get so much snow during the night.

We've had a very snowy winter. Which for us is really good, I'm glad it's snowing because maybe we'll finally be out of this drought we've been in for so long. I just wish that I didn't have to be driving in it!

5 comments:

Candice said...

Ooohh, I miss the snow so much! (And yes, that even means driving in it. Because if you're driving in it that means....it's snowing!!)

Cupcake Blonde said...

This is why I moved to Vegas! Snow days staopped being fun when you didn't get off school and still had to go to work.

Jessie Riley said...

OH. All those Utahn's must be "praying for MOISTURE" [something my husband thinks is HILLARIOUS!]

Just Me said...

say cheese - I debated about adding the words "wet winter" and "lots of moisture" but they just sounded so dirty...LOL. It is so funny to hear people be thankful for the moisture in their prayers.

The Sonboul's said...

You're so lucky to have the snow. I wish we did. We have to drive an hour to get to it. So, enjoy it for us