Thursday, February 14, 2008

No more please

I know I've posted quite a few times out the weather in the past month or so. But it's so hard not to when SNOW and a lot of it, is what we are dealing with.

Yesterday the weatherman predicted a storm to come in around 11am and blow out by 3 pm. - WRONG!

The storm came in around 2pm and by 3:30 when I left work it had only gotten worse. It took me 1 1/2 hour to get home from work. The roads were just a mess! I was surprised with the prediction that there weren't more snowplows out working on the roads.

But my commute home was NOTHING compared to my little sisters. She gets off around 5ish I believe. She takes the train to her car. And drives home. Easy peasy right. Not so much. It ended up taking her probably 6 1/2 hours to get to her house. And that's if she left right at 5pm. The roads to her city were closed for a while and they were deverting everyone to a side road from what I understand from my mom's updates. The snowplows would clear a section of the road off -- let 10 cars drive through then have to go back and clear them again. At one point in her commute she drove 100 yards in an hour. Luckily she had a full take a gas, but was almost out of cell phone battery. I would have gone crazy without my phone and stuck in traffic for 6 hours! In the same area there were kids stuck in school buses and probably didn't get home until after 11pm. Also about 300 students were unable to leave school and had to sleep at the school. It was just a crazy storm with major winds. Not to mention the good weather (40-45 degrees) we've had a few days before that almost completely melted all the snow. So everything was nice and wet for the freezing tempurtures.

So for everyone who is praying for "moisture" (I hate that word) STOP! I'm done. Bring on the heat!

Oh yeah....

2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

I spent a good part of my day stuck on a snowbank. Ug.

Candice said...

Holy crap!! That is insane. It's so warm down here that I was driving with my window down. I wish some of it would come our way.